MARY A. MILLER
Analytical chemist /consultant serving the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and related industries. Extensive analytical expertise in materials science of organic materials including polymers, coatings and additives utilizing light microscopy, infrared spectroscopy and chromatographic separation techniques with emphasis on contaminant identification in pharmaceutical products. Experience also includes examination of historical artifacts including building materials, sculptures, paintings and textiles.
- Foreign particulate identification
- Contaminant identification
- Particle size distribution determination
- Particle shape analysis
- Drug polymorph characterization
- Drug morphology studies
- Blend uniformity mapping
- High resolution SEM imaging
- Nonconformance analysis
- Root cause analysis
- Elemental mapping
- M. S., Chemistry, Northeastern Illinois University, 1989
- B. S., Chemistry (with honors) Northeastern Illinois University, 1984.
- Continuing education courses in polarized light microscopy, microchemical analysis and infrared spectroscopy.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
Several publications on the topic of materials characterization by microscopical methods.