RICHARD S. BROWN
Consulting, problem solving and custom methods development for materials characterization, failure analysis and contaminant identification. Microanalysis and sample characterization by scanning electron microscopy/energy dispersive x-ray spectrometry, polarized light microscopy, infrared spectroscopy and surface metrology by white light interference microscopy. Specializing in the identification, collection and analysis of small particles/trace evidence, and interpreting the results of any analyses performed as they pertain to law-science matters.
- Product failure analysis
- Product defect analysis
- Coating analysis
- Corrosion analysis
- Surface roughness measurement
- Polymer characterization
- Wear debris analysis
- Adhesion and de-lamination analysis
- Dust testing
- Contaminant testing
- Materials characterization
- High resolution SEM & TEM imaging
- M. S., Forensic Chemistry, Northeastern University, 1984.
- B. S., Westfield State, General Science, 1980.
- Continuing education courses in polarized light microscopy, infrared spectroscopy, electron microscopy, digital imaging, microchemical analysis, small particle analysis, and forensic microscopy.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
Over thirty publications and presentations on topics including forensic analyses, digital imaging, and microscopical characterization of environmental and industrial samples.