WILLIAM R. (Randy) BOLTIN
Senior Research Scientist
Consultation concerning microscopical analysis methods. Particulate characterization by light microscopy (polarized, brightfield reflectance, darkfield reflectance, UV fluorescence, phase contrast), transmission electron microscopy, scanning electron microscopy and infrared spectroscopy since 1984. Microscopical investigations of soil, dust, asbestos, industrial emissions and contaminants. Evaluation of geologic materials for use in construction and industry; consultation in matters relating to the minerals industry.
- Particulate analysis
- Dust characterization
- Carbon black analysis
- Fly ash characterization
- Darkening agents identification
- Soot analysis
- Asbestos analysis & exposure evaluation
- Unknown material analysis
- Contamination analysis
- M.S., Geology (Minor in Soil Science), North Carolina State University, 1985.
- B.S., Geology, University of South Carolina, 1979.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
Over twenty technical publications and presentations in the areas of microscopy, mineralogy, and industrial hygiene.