- Particle characterization
- Dust characterization
- Carbon black analysis
- Fly ash characterization
- Darkening agents identification
- Soot analysis
- Asbestos analysis & exposure evaluation
- Unknown material analysis
- Stack particle size distribution
- Contamination analysis
- Source determination
- Ambient air sample characterization>
- Automated Particle Analysis
- Expert witness services
- “What is the Darkening Agent?”
- “M201A Particle Sizing”
- “Morphological Classes of Coal Fly Ash Particles”
For more information on our Environmental Forensic Analysis services contact:
or by email.
or by email.
When neighbors of potential industrial sources of particles notice dark material or other unexpected particles collecting on surfaces, they may ask, “What are they?” “Where are they coming from?” and “Are they dangerous?”
MVA has over twenty years of experience in analyzing environmental particles and identifying their sources using microscopy. MVA can determine the composition and morphology of the suspect particles and identify likely sources, whether soil erosion, plant pollen, fungal material, fly ash or any number of other materials. When the particles are consistent with an industrial source, MVA can identify likely industrial processes and compare the suspect particles to known particles from those sources.
This scientific information can help industrial facilities and their neighbors resolve disputes over who (or what) is responsible when unknown or unusual particles appear in their environment.